NOTICE OF MEETING
NIXON CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
April 11th, 2022
The Nixon City Council will convene in a Regular Meeting on Monday, April 11th, 2022 at 4:00p.m. in the Nixon City Hall, 302 E Central Avenue, Nixon, Texas 78140. The Order of Business will be:
Call to order
Invocation and Pledges
Citizens to be Heard – This time is provided for citizens to address the Council on issues and concerns. No action can or will be taken on issues raised under this portion of the meeting. Please limit your marks to a period not to exceed three (3) minutes. We ask that you approach the council and state your name and address for the record). Pursuant to House Bill 2840 (codified in Texas Government Code Section 551.007), all attending citizens who wish to comment on specific agenda items, during a scheduled meeting, must sign up to do so PRIOR to the start of the meeting and indicate which agenda item the citizen wishes to comment on. Said public comment on agenda items shall occur once the agenda item is reached during the meeting, but prior to City Council deliberating the matter. A time limit of three (3) minutes shall be observed by all commenting citizens.
- Discussion/Action to Approve the Minutes of the March 14th 2022 Meeting.
- Discussion/Action on the Financial Statements and Unpaid bills.
- Discussion /Possible Action on Rental Rates for Community Center.
- Fire Department Monthly Run Report
- Discussion /Possible Action on Fire Department Stipends per run.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on presentation and request to open a new business at 120 W. Third Street, Nixon, Texas 78040 by Mr. Steve Pompa.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on allocation of monies out of the Hotel/Motel Funds for the NVFD 4th of July Fireworks Display for the City of Nixon.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on the possible renovation of the Nixon City Jail.
- Discussion/ Possible Action reallocating money budgeted to purchase HydroVac to purchase new vehicle.
- Discussion Possible Action Becoming a member of Main Street America.
- Discussion/Possible Action on home and commercial construction requirements within the city limits including, but not limited to, being built on a concrete slab or concrete pier and beam foundations and possible geographical restrictions on all other types of homes within the City limits.
- Police Chief Report
- City Manager Report: Memorial Update, Building Update
EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Nixon City Council may convene into executive (closed) session in accordance with the Texas Government Code when necessary and legally justified. Any item on this agenda may be discussed in executive session if authorized by Texas Law regardless of whether it is listed under “Executive Session” of this agenda, and regardless of any past or current practice of the City Council. Executive Sessions herein are closed meetings, and may include the consideration of any item otherwise listed on the agenda plus any subject matter specified in the executive session notice, and may include items under the Texas Government Code as follows: Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney regarding contemplated or pending litigation, a settlement officer or administrative hearing); Section 551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property); Section 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts & Donations); Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters); Section 551.076 (Deliberation about Security Devices); Section 551.086 (Deliberations regarding Municipally Owned Utility); and Section 551.087 (Deliberations regarding Economic Development Negotiation).”
This Notice of Meeting was posted for public viewing in City Hall in Nixon, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times and was posted on Friday, April 8th, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. and remained posted for 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of the meeting.
Deborah M. Bustamente