NOTICE OF MEETING
NIXON CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
The Nixon City Council will convene in a Regular Meeting on Monday, June 14th,2021 at 4:30 p.m. in the Aphne Pattillo Public Library, 401 N Nixon Avenue, Nixon, Texas 78140. The Order of Business will be:
Call to order
Invocation and Pledges
Citizens to be Heard – Citizens to be Heard – This time is provided for citizens to address the Council on issues and concerns. No action can or will be taken on issues raised under this portion of the meeting. Please limit your marks to a period not to exceed three (3) minutes. We ask that you approach the council and state your name and address for the record). Pursuant to House Bill 2840 (codified in Texas Government Code Section 551.007), all attending citizens who wish to comment on specific agenda items, during a scheduled meeting, must sign up to do so PRIOR to the start of the meeting and indicate which agenda item the citizen wishes to comment on. Said public comment on agenda items shall occur once the agenda item is reached during the meeting, but prior to City Council deliberating the matter. A time limit of three (3) minutes shall be observed by all commenting citizens.
- Discussion/Action to Approve the Minutes of the May 3, 2021 Meeting.
- Discussion/Action on the Financial Statements and Unpaid bills.
- Nixon Volunteer Fire Department Monthly Report
- Police Chief Report
- Award Presentation: Life Saving Recognition of Chief Greg Huston
- Discussion /Possible Action on TML Health elections for city employees.
- Discussion /Possible Action on General Rules and Rental Rates for the New City Hall.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on giving authority to City Administrator Harold D. Rice to purchase and oversee Multi-Media Equipment for the New City Hall and Community Center.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on giving authority to City Administrator Harold D. Rice to purchase and oversee the new furniture for the New City Hall and Community Center.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on appointment to the Golden Crescent Economic Development Board.
- Discussion/ Possible Action adding downtown lighting for all seasons.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on two (2) additional bids for a new City of Nixon website being built and the costs involved.
- Discussion / Possible Action on securing a contractor to build a fence around the Splash Pad.
- Discussion/Possible Action on repairing the sidewalk at 211 East 3rd
- Discussion/ Possible Action on City of Nixon Personnel Longevity Pay
- City Manager Report ( New Hires + compliance officer change, Status of New City Hall, Move in date, Sharp copiers and new vendor for copiers re: savings to the city Tables, chairs, linens TML Conference Oct. 6-8,2021 in Houston)
EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Nixon City Council may convene into executive (closed) session in accordance with the Texas Government Code when necessary and legally justified. Any item on this agenda may be discussed in executive session if authorized by Texas Law regardless of whether it is listed under “Executive Session” of this agenda, and regardless of any past or current practice of the City Council. Executive Sessions herein are closed meetings, and may include the consideration of any item otherwise listed on the agenda plus any subject matter specified in the executive session notice, and may include items under the Texas Government Code as follows: Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney regarding contemplated or pending litigation, a settlement officer or administrative hearing); Section 551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property); Section 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts & Donations); Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters); Section 551.076 (Deliberation about Security Devices); Section 551.086 (Deliberations regarding Municipally Owned Utility); and Section 551.087 (Deliberations regarding Economic Development Negotiation).”
This Notice of Meeting was posted for public viewing in City Hall in Nixon, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times and was posted on Friday, June 11th, 2021, at 4:30 p.m., and remained posted for 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of the meeting.
Deborah M. Bustamente