NOTICE OF MEETING
NIXON CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
SEPTEMBER 20th, 2021
The Nixon City Council will convene in a Regular Meeting on Monday, September 20th, 2021 at 4:30 p.m., Aphne Pattillo Public Library located at 401 N. Nixon Avenue, Nixon, Texas 78140. The Order of Business will be:
Call to order
Invocation and Pledges
Citizens to be Heard – This time is provided for citizens to address the Council on issues and concerns. No action can or will be taken on issues raised under this portion of the meeting. Please limit your marks to a period not to exceed three (3) minutes. We ask that you approach the council and state your name and address for the record). Pursuant to House Bill 2840 (codified in Texas Government Code Section 551.007), all attending citizens who wish to comment on specific agenda items, during a scheduled meeting, must sign up to do so PRIOR to the start of the meeting and indicate which agenda item the citizen wishes to comment on. Said public comment on agenda items shall occur once the agenda item is reached during the meeting, but prior to City Council deliberating the matter. A time limit of three (3) minutes shall be observed by all commenting citizens.
- Discussion/Action to Approve the Minutes of the 8/17/21 and 8/23/21 Meetings.
- Discussion/Action on the Financial Statements and Unpaid bills.
- Swearing in Ceremony of Nixon Police Chief Miguel Cantu.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on allowing Juan Olalde to add a new 20×40 carport at 809A E. 5th
- Fire Department Monthly Run Report
- Utility Department Report
- Discussion with BEFCO Engineering on the Water Treatment System Preliminary Engineering Report
- Open Public Hearing for the 2021 City of Nixon Proposed Tax Rate.
- Close Public Hearing for the 2021 City of Nixon Proposed Tax Rate.
- Adopt the 2021/2022 Tax Rate for City of Nixon.
- Open Public Hearing for the 2021-2022 City of Nixon & Nixon Fire Department Proposed Budget.
- Close the Public Hearing for the 2020-2021 City of Nixon & Nixon Fire Department Proposed Budget.
- Discussion/Action on Setting the Residential Water and Meter Rates.
- Discussion/Action on Setting the Commercial Water and Meter Rates.
- Discussion/Action on Setting the Bulk Water Rates.
- Adopt 2020-2021 Proposed General Budget.
- Adopt 2020-2021 Proposed Utility Budget.
- Adopt 2020-2021 Proposed Nixon Fire Department Budget.
- Discussion/ Possible Action 2021-2022 Holiday schedule for the City of Nixon.
- Discussion Possible Action Employee/Non-Profit contract for the Nixon Community Center.
- Discussion/Possible Action on approving a Resolution Renaming County Road 167 to Old County Road 167
- Discussion/Possible Action on Exposed Conduit on North Wall of Community Center possible resolution.
- Police Chief Report
- Library Report
- City Manager Report
- Status of New City Hall
- TML Conference
- City Hall Landscaping estimates
EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Nixon City Council may convene into executive (closed) session in accordance with the Texas Government Code when necessary and legally justified. Any item on this agenda may be discussed in executive session if authorized by Texas Law regardless of whether it is listed under “Executive Session” of this agenda, and regardless of any past or current practice of the City Council. Executive Sessions herein are closed meetings, and may include the consideration of any item otherwise listed on the agenda plus any subject matter specified in the executive session notice, and may include items under the Texas Government Code as follows: Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney regarding contemplated or pending litigation, a settlement officer or administrative hearing); Section 551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property); Section 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts & Donations); Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters); Section 551.076 (Deliberation about Security Devices); Section 551.086 (Deliberations regarding Municipally Owned Utility); and Section 551.087 (Deliberations regarding Economic Development Negotiation).”
This Notice of Meeting was posted for public viewing in City Hall in Nixon, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times and was posted on Friday, September 17th, 2021 4:30 p.m. and remained posted for 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of the meeting.
Deborah M. Bustamente