NOTICE OF MEETING
NIXON CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
Monday, March 14th, 2022
The Nixon City Council will convene in a Regular Meeting on Monday, March 14th, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. in the Nixon City Hall, 302 E Central Avenue, Nixon, Texas 78140. The Order of Business will be:
Call to order
Invocation and Pledges
Citizens to be Heard – This time is provided for citizens to address the Council on issues and concerns. No action can or will be taken on issues raised under this portion of the meeting. Please limit your marks to a period not to exceed three (3) minutes. We ask that you approach the council and state your name and address for the record). Pursuant to House Bill 2840 (codified in Texas Government Code Section 551.007), all attending citizens who wish to comment on specific agenda items, during a scheduled meeting, must sign up to do so PRIOR to the start of the meeting and indicate which agenda item the citizen wishes to comment on. Said public comment on agenda items shall occur once the agenda item is reached during the meeting, but prior to City Council deliberating the matter. A time limit of three (3) minutes shall be observed by all commenting citizens.
- Discussion/Action to Approve the Minutes of the February 16th, 2022 and March 1st, 2022
- Discussion/Action on the Financial Statements and Unpaid bills.
- Fire Department Monthly Run Report.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on renewing and signing a new deposit contract with Third, Coast Bank.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on a 10 year lease agreement for building located at 106 W. Third Street, Nixon, Texas 78140 with the Rancho/Nixon Historical Association.
- Discussion /Possible Action on the appointment of city council members to be part of a research committee together with Mr. Donald Hoffman.
- Discussion /Possible Action on the possible renovation and cost involved of the former Nixon City Jail.
- Discussion/Possible Action on signatures on the ESD #2 Fire Department/City of Nixon Contract.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on allowing Carlos Romero to open a mobile car service and Tire shop to operate in the City of Nixon and to establish the permit and rate.
- Police Chief Report
- Library Report
- City Manager Report; Olalde and J. Garza Jr completing class hours for water license.
Donation of two red oaks
H20 Analytics Meeting
EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Nixon City Council may convene into executive (closed) session in accordance with the Texas Government Code when necessary and legally justified. Any item on this agenda may be discussed in executive session if authorized by Texas Law regardless of whether it is listed under “Executive Session” of this agenda, and regardless of any past or current practice of the City Council. Executive Sessions herein are closed meetings, and may include the consideration of any item otherwise listed on the agenda plus any subject matter specified in the executive session notice, and may include items under the Texas Government Code as follows: Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney regarding contemplated or pending litigation, a settlement officer or administrative hearing); Section 551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property); Section 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts & Donations); Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters); Section 551.076 (Deliberation about Security Devices); Section 551.086 (Deliberations regarding Municipally Owned Utility); and Section 551.087 (Deliberations regarding Economic Development Negotiation).”
This Notice of Meeting was posted for public viewing in City Hall in Nixon, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times and was posted on Friday, March 11th, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. and remained posted for 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of the meeting.
Deborah M. Bustamente