NOTICE OF MEETING
NIXON CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
November 8th, 2021
The Nixon City Council will convene in a Regular Meeting on Monday, November 8th, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. in the Nixon City Hall, 302 E Central Avenue, Nixon, Texas 78140. The Order of Business will be:
Call to order
Invocation and Pledges
Citizens to be Heard – This time is provided for citizens to address the Council on issues and concerns. No action can or will be taken on issues raised under this portion of the meeting. Please limit your marks to a period not to exceed three (3) minutes. We ask that you approach the council and state your name and address for the record). Pursuant to House Bill 2840 (codified in Texas Government Code Section 551.007), all attending citizens who wish to comment on specific agenda items, during a scheduled meeting, must sign up to do so PRIOR to the start of the meeting and indicate which agenda item the citizen wishes to comment on. Said public comment on agenda items shall occur once the agenda item is reached during the meeting, but prior to City Council deliberating the matter. A time limit of three (3) minutes shall be observed by all commenting citizens.
- Discussion/Action to Approve the Minutes of the October 18th, 2021 Meeting.
- Discussion/Action on the Financial Statements and Unpaid bills.
- Presentation of Life Saving Award to Benito Perez
- City of Nixon 2020-21 Audit results presentation/Discussion by Goldman, Hunt and Notz, LLC.
- Presentation, with Possible Action, by Donald Hoffman regarding the status of the New City Hall Décor and new city highway entries.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on request by Mary Ann Alvarez on behalf of Saint Joseph Catholic Church to allow a street closure of 207 S. Washington, Nixon, Texas 78140 on December 11, 2021. (The street requested is directly in front of the church)
- Consideration, discussion, and possible action concerning award of a construction contract for the TxCDBG Grant #7220331-Nixon Sewer system improvement project, to include TxCDBG Section 3 goals.
- Discussion/Possible Action on the new Texas law regarding chained dogs and issues with the local loose dog population.
- Fire Department Monthly Run Report/Discussion.
- Police Department Monthly Report/Discussion.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on the candidates for the Gonzales Central Appraisal District Board of Directors for the Term of Office beginning January 1, 2022 and ending December 31, 20.
- Discussion/Possible Action on purchase of bingo equipment.
- Discussion/Possible Action on Nixon Community Center fees for out of City Non-Profit Agencies.
- Discussion /Possible Action on installing lights in downtown Nixon.
- Discussion/Possible Action on eighteen wheelers parking at the STRIPES parking lot and abandonment of their cabs.
- City Manager Report/Discussion.
-Status of New City Hall & Community Center
EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Nixon City Council may convene into executive (closed) session in accordance with the Texas Government Code when necessary and legally justified. Any item on this agenda may be discussed in executive session if authorized by Texas Law regardless of whether it is listed under “Executive Session” of this agenda, and regardless of any past or current practice of the City Council. Executive Sessions herein are closed meetings, and may include the consideration of any item otherwise listed on the agenda plus any subject matter specified in the executive session notice, and may include items under the Texas Government Code as follows: Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney regarding contemplated or pending litigation, a settlement officer or administrative hearing); Section 551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property); Section 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts & Donations); Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters); Section 551.076 (Deliberation about Security Devices); Section 551.086 (Deliberations regarding Municipally Owned Utility); and Section 551.087 (Deliberations regarding Economic Development Negotiation).”
This Notice of Meeting was posted for public viewing in City Hall in Nixon, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times and was posted on Friday, November 5th, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. and remained posted for 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of the meeting.
Deborah M. Bustamente