NOTICE OF MEETING
NIXON CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
Monday, October 18th, 2021
The Nixon City Council will convene in a Regular Meeting on Monday, October 18th, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. in the Nixon City Hall, 302 E. Central Avenue, Nixon, Texas 78140. The Order of Business will be:
Call to order
Invocation and Pledges
Citizens to be Heard – This time is provided for citizens to address the Council on issues and concerns. No action can or will be taken on issues raised under this portion of the meeting. Please limit your marks to a period not to exceed three (3) minutes. We ask that you approach the council and state your name and address for the record). Pursuant to House Bill 2840 (codified in Texas Government Code Section 551.007), all attending citizens who wish to comment on specific agenda items, during a scheduled meeting, must sign up to do so PRIOR to the start of the meeting and indicate which agenda item the citizen wishes to comment on. Said public comment on agenda items shall occur once the agenda item is reached during the meeting, but prior to City Council deliberating the matter. A time limit of three (3) minutes shall be observed by all commenting citizens.
- Discussion/Action to Approve the Minutes of the September 24th, 2021 Meeting.
- Discussion/Action on the Financial Statements and Unpaid bills.
- Presentation/ Discussion regarding County wide communication/infrastructure project as it pertains to the City of Nixon with Motorola, Victoria Communications, LCRA, Daily Wells Communication and any other entity(s) that have information.
- Discussion/ Possible Action for recess.
- Receive and approve the 2021 Levy Roll from the Tax Assessor-Collector.
- Fire Department Report
- Nixon Police Department Report
- Discussion/ Possible Action on Bingo games being held in the Nixon Community Center.
- Discussion/Possible Action on ratifying correction or altering correction on employee salary miscalculation and reimbursement for the 2020-21 fiscal year.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on Franklin Legal Publishers codification for City of Nixon Ordinances.
- City Manager Report
EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Nixon City Council may convene into executive (closed) session in accordance with the Texas Government Code when necessary and legally justified. Any item on this agenda may be discussed in executive session if authorized by Texas Law regardless of whether it is listed under “Executive Session” of this agenda, and regardless of any past or current practice of the City Council. Executive Sessions herein are closed meetings, and may include the consideration of any item otherwise listed on the agenda plus any subject matter specified in the executive session notice, and may include items under the Texas Government Code as follows: Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney regarding contemplated or pending litigation, a settlement officer or administrative hearing); Section 551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property); Section 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts & Donations); Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters); Section 551.076 (Deliberation about Security Devices); Section 551.086 (Deliberations regarding Municipally Owned Utility); and Section 551.087 (Deliberations regarding Economic Development Negotiation).”
This Notice of Meeting was posted for public viewing in City Hall in Nixon, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times and was posted on Friday, October 15th, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. and remained posted for 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of the meeting.
Deborah M. Bustamente