NOTICE OF MEETING
NIXON CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
May 3rd, 2021
The Nixon City Council will convene in a Regular Meeting on Monday, May 3rd, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. in the Aphne Pattillo Public Library, 401 N Nixon Avenue, Nixon, Texas 78140. The Order of Business will be:
Call to order
Invocation and Pledges
Citizens to be Heard – Citizens to be Heard – This time is provided for citizens to address the Council on issues and concerns. No action can or will be taken on issues raised under this portion of the meeting. Please limit your marks to a period not to exceed three (3) minutes. We ask that you approach the council and state your name and address for the record). Pursuant to House Bill 2840 (codified in Texas Government Code Section 551.007), all attending citizens who wish to comment on specific agenda items, during a scheduled meeting, must sign up to do so PRIOR to the start of the meeting and indicate which agenda item the citizen wishes to comment on. Said public comment on agenda items shall occur once the agenda item is reached during the meeting, but prior to City Council deliberating the matter. A time limit of three (3) minutes shall be observed by all commenting citizens.
- Discussion/Action to Approve the Minutes of the April 12th, 2021 Meeting.
- Discussion/Action on the Financial Statements and Unpaid bills.
- Swearing into Office of City Council incumbents; Mary Ann Fatheree, Justin LaFleur and Rene Amaya for the next two-year term.
- Appoint Crystal Cedillo, Tax Assessor-Collector, as the individual to calculate and prepare the 2021 No-New Revenue and Voter- Approval Tax Rates for the City of Nixon.
- Fire Chief Report
- Discussion / Possible Action on New City Hall Retention Wall repair and cost.
- Discussion /Possible Action on General Rules and Rental Rates for the New City Hall.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on the Multi-Media Equipment for the New City Hall Community Center.
- Discussion/Possible Action on the building of a Nixon Veterans Memorial.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on approving funds for a new and improved City of Nixon website.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on Bingo licensing.
- Discuss/Action regarding street closure from North Rancho Road to East Pecan Ave.
- Discussion/Action Approving Contractor to build fence around Splashpad.
- Police Chief Report
- City Manager Report
Baseball Field lights
City Hall update/ Furniture bids
Spring Clean-up May 17 thru 22
Gladyne Finch Pocket Park dedication ceremony occurring on Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Nixon City Council may convene into executive (closed) session in accordance with the Texas Government Code when necessary and legally justified. Any item on this agenda may be discussed in executive session if authorized by Texas Law regardless of whether it is listed under “Executive Session” of this agenda, and regardless of any past or current practice of the City Council. Executive Sessions herein are closed meetings, and may include the consideration of any item otherwise listed on the agenda plus any subject matter specified in the executive session notice, and may include items under the Texas Government Code as follows: Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney regarding contemplated or pending litigation, a settlement officer or administrative hearing); Section 551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property); Section 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts & Donations); Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters); Section 551.076 (Deliberation about Security Devices); Section 551.086 (Deliberations regarding Municipally Owned Utility); and Section 551.087 (Deliberations regarding Economic Development Negotiation).”
This Notice of Meeting was posted for public viewing in City Hall in Nixon, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times and was posted on Friday, April 30th, 2021, at 4:30 p.m., and remained posted for 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of the meeting.
Deborah M. Bustamente