NOTICE OF MEETING
NIXON CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
December 13th, 2021
The Nixon City Council will convene in a Regular Meeting on Monday, December 13th, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. in the Nixon City Hall, 302 E. Central Avenue, Nixon, Texas 78140. The Order of Business will be:
Call to order
Invocation and Pledges
Citizens to be Heard – This time is provided for citizens to address the Council on issues and concerns. No action can or will be taken on issues raised under this portion of the meeting. Please limit your marks to a period not to exceed three (3) minutes. We ask that you approach the council and state your name and address for the record). Pursuant to House Bill 2840 (codified in Texas Government Code Section 551.007), all attending citizens who wish to comment on specific agenda items, during a scheduled meeting, must sign up to do so PRIOR to the start of the meeting and indicate which agenda item the citizen wishes to comment on. Said public comment on agenda items shall occur once the agenda item is reached during the meeting, but prior to City Council deliberating the matter. A time limit of three (3) minutes shall be observed by all commenting citizens.
- Discussion/Action to Approve the Minutes of the November 11th,2021 Meeting.
- Discussion/Action on the Financial Statements and Unpaid bills.
- Fire Department Monthly Run Report
- Proclamation declaring December 2021 as the City of Nixon – Fair Housing Month
- Discuss, consider and act to Adopt the Resolution Regarding the Civil Rights Policies for the 2020 GLO Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) Program, Contract #22-085-071-D330.
- Discuss, consider and act to Approve the Resolution Designating Authorized Signatories for Contractual and Financial Documents pertaining to the 2020 GLO Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) Program, Contract # 22-085-071-D330.
- Discuss, consider and act to approve Amendment #1 for the Grant Administration Services contract for the 2020 Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) Program Contract Number #22-085-071-D330
- Discuss, consider and act to approve Amendment #1 for the Engineering Services contract for the 2020 Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) Program Contract Number #22-085-071-D330.
- Discuss, consider and adopt Local Procurement Policies & Procedures pertaining to the GLO Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) Program, Infrastructure Contract Number #22-085-071-D330.
- Discuss/Possible Action: Approve a Resolution Regarding a Contract for the Purpose of Financing a “HYDRO VAC”
- Discuss/Possible Action on repairing the PD Roof.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on a separate Nixon Community Center contract for Nixon Smiley CISD organizations.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on adding a City of Nixon Employee Tool/Equipment Responsibility Policy and Agreement to the Nixon Policy and Procedure Manua.
- Police Chief Report
- City Manager Report:
EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Nixon City Council may convene into executive (closed) session in accordance with the Texas Government Code when necessary and legally justified. Any item on this agenda may be discussed in executive session if authorized by Texas Law regardless of whether it is listed under “Executive Session” of this agenda, and regardless of any past or current practice of the City Council. Executive Sessions herein are closed meetings, and may include the consideration of any item otherwise listed on the agenda plus any subject matter specified in the executive session notice, and may include items under the Texas Government Code as follows: Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney regarding contemplated or pending litigation, a settlement officer or administrative hearing); Section 551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property); Section 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts & Donations); Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters); Section 551.076 (Deliberation about Security Devices); Section 551.086 (Deliberations regarding Municipally Owned Utility); and Section 551.087 (Deliberations regarding Economic Development Negotiation).”
This Notice of Meeting was posted for public viewing in City Hall in Nixon, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times and was posted on Friday, December 10th, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. and remained posted for 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of the meeting.
Deborah M. Bustamente