The Nixon City Council will convene in a Regular Meeting on Monday, August 17th, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. in the Nixon Public Library, 401 N. Nixon Avenue, Nixon, Texas 78140. The Order of Business will be:
Call to order
Invocation and Pledges
Citizens to be Heard (This time is provided for citizens to address the Council on issues and concerns. No action can or will be taken on issues raised under this portion of the meeting. Please limit your marks to a period not to exceed three (3) minutes. We ask that you approach the council and state your name and address for the record). Pursuant to House Bill 2840 (codified in Texas Government Code Section 551.007), all attending citizens who wish to comment on specific agenda items, during a scheduled meeting, must sign up to do so PRIOR to the start of the meeting and indicate which agenda item the citizen wishes to comment on. Said public comment on agenda items shall occur once the agenda item is reached during the meeting, but prior to City Council deliberating the matter. A time limit of three (3) minutes shall be observed by all commenting citizens.
- Discussion/Action to Approve City Policy regarding Commenting Citizens on Agenda items during City Council Meetings, pursuant to House Bill 2840, codified in Texas Government Code Section 551.007 and as listed in “Citizens to be Heard” section on the current agenda and future agendas and effective date to be today, August 10th, 2020.
- Discussion/Action to Approve the Minutes of the 5/11/20, Meeting.
- Discussion/Action on the Financial Statements and Unpaid bills for June and July 2020.
- Fire Chief Report.
- Discussion/ Possible Action and Presentation by Gonzales County Tax Assessor-Collector Crystal Cedillo regarding the City of Nixon receiving the 2020 Appraisal Roll from the Gonzales Central Appraisal District.
- Discussion/Possible Action regarding receiving NO New Revenue from the Tax Assessor- Collector.
- Discussion/Possible Action regarding receiving the 2020 Voter Approval Tax Rates from the Tax Assessor- Collector.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on Nixon Food vendor permit cost and/or review of updated City Ordinance regarding Food Vendor Permits in the City of Nixon. Dennis Flores speaking on behalf of Nellie Flores.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on EMS Building Rental.
- Discussion/Possible Action on approval and signature requirement on Nixon Procurement Policy for GLO CDR Contract # 20-065-051-C160.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on approval and signature requirement on Nixon Statement of Financial Goals and Policies for GLO CDR Contract # 20-065-051-C160.
- Discussion/Possible Action on Splash Pad hours of operation i.e. season opening and closure date, signage, enclosure.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on Nixon Farmers Market sponsorship by the City of Nixon.
- Discussion/Possible MA agreement with RBC Capital Markets, LLC
- Discussion/ Possible Action on approval and signature requirement for Resolution 2020-10-8 regarding submission of the grant application for the Nixon Police Department’s PPR (Prepare, Prevent, & Respond) Project FY 2020 to the Office of the Governor.
- Discussion/Possible Action on selection of Mayor Pro Tem.
- Discussion/Possible Action on 2020-2021 City Holidays.
- Discussion/Possible Action on Presentation by Pablo Aguirre regarding City of Nixon beautification projects and funds.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on nomination and selection for replacement of City Alderman Estevan Aguirre.
- Discussion/Possible Action regarding the changing/updating the hours of operation at the City Dump.
- Library Report.
- Police Chief Report.
- City Manager Report.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Nixon City Council may convene into executive (closed) session in accordance with the Texas Government Code when necessary and legally justified. Any item on this agenda may be discussed in executive session if authorized by Texas Law regardless of whether it is listed under “Executive Session” of this agenda, and regardless of any past or current practice of the City Council. Executive Sessions herein are closed meetings, and may include the consideration of any item otherwise listed on the agenda plus any subject matter specified in the executive session notice, and may include items under the Texas Government Code as follows: Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney regarding contemplated or pending litigation, a settlement officer or administrative hearing); Section 551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property); Section 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts & Donations); Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters); Section 551.076 (Deliberation about Security Devices); Section 551.086 (Deliberations regarding Municipally Owned Utility); and Section 551.087 (Deliberations regarding Economic Development Negotiation).”
Deborah M. Bustamente