NOTICE OF MEETING
NIXON CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
Monday, February 8th, 2021
The Nixon City Council will convene in a Regular Meeting on Monday, February 8th, 2021 at 3:30 p.m. at the Aphne Pattillo Public Library, 401 N Nixon Avenue, Nixon, Texas 78140. The Order of Business will be:
Call to order
Invocation and Pledges
Citizens to be Heard – Citizens to be Heard – This time is provided for citizens to address the Council on issues and concerns. No action can or will be taken on issues raised under this portion of the meeting. Please limit your marks to a period not to exceed three (3) minutes. We ask that you approach the council and state your name and address for the record). Pursuant to House Bill 2840 (codified in Texas Government Code Section 551.007), all attending citizens who wish to comment on specific agenda items, during a scheduled meeting, must sign up to do so PRIOR to the start of the meeting and indicate which agenda item the citizen wishes to comment on. Said public comment on agenda items shall occur once the agenda item is reached during the meeting, but prior to City Council deliberating the matter. A time limit of three (3) minutes shall be observed by all commenting citizens.
- Discussion/Action to Approve the Minutes of the 1/05/2021 Meeting.
- Discussion/Action on the Financial Statements and Unpaid bills.
- Fire Chief Report
- Discussion/ Possible Action on approval of the Nixon Volunteer Fire Department Firework Show for July 4th
- Discussion/Possible Action on using funds from the Hotel /Motel Tax Fund for the Nixon VFD 4th of July Firework Show.
- Discussion /Possible Action on placing the 1989 Ford F350 4×4 (formerly known as Brusk-41) for a sealed bid. VEHICLE INFORMATION: Year:1989, Make: Ford, Model: F350 1 Ton – Pickup, Engine:7.5 L 460 CID V8, VIN:1FDKF38G7KNA97550, Fuel Type: Gas
- Discussion/Possible Action on granting the City Manager specific authority to act on behalf of the City of Nixon, Texas as an authorized agent for the City for the purpose of executing and signing any and all loan documents, real estate documents and closing documents with Third Coast Bank, SSB for the purpose of the construction loan with said bank for the new City Hall building.
- Discussion and Approval of a Resolution Designating Authorized Signatures for Contractual and Grant Fund Documents pertaining to the TxCDBG Contract #7220331”
- “Discussion and Approval to adopt Civil Rights Resolution, Policies and Procedures for the TxCDBG Contract # 7220331.”
- Discussion/Possible Action on purchase of Little League Field lighting from Musco Sports Lighting, LLC.
- Discussion/ Possible Action regarding signing of a Resolution for a finance contract with Government Capital for the lighting of the Little League Field.
- Discussion / Possible Action on hiring a part-time code enforcement /animal control officer.
- Discussion/ Possible Action on starting the Nixon Farmer Market on the first Saturday of the month with the next date being March 6, 2021.
- Discussion / Possible Action on scheduling of Gladyne Finch Park Dedication
- Discussion/ Possible Action on giving the City Manager the authority to purchase a marque from Stewart Signs for the new City Hall and Community Center.
- Police Chief Report
- Library Report
- City Manager Report: Status of New City Hall /police dept transition- new officers/ Goldman audit under way/online bill payment
EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Nixon City Council may convene into executive (closed) session in accordance with the Texas Government Code when necessary and legally justified. Any item on this agenda may be discussed in executive session if authorized by Texas Law regardless of whether it is listed under “Executive Session” of this agenda, and regardless of any past or current practice of the City Council. Executive Sessions herein are closed meetings, and may include the consideration of any item otherwise listed on the agenda plus any subject matter specified in the executive session notice, and may include items under the Texas Government Code as follows: Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney regarding contemplated or pending litigation, a settlement officer or administrative hearing); Section 551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property); Section 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts & Donations); Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters); Section 551.076 (Deliberation about Security Devices); Section 551.086 (Deliberations regarding Municipally Owned Utility); and Section 551.087 (Deliberations regarding Economic Development Negotiation).”
This Notice of Meeting was posted for public viewing in City Hall in Nixon, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times and was posted on Friday, February 5th, 2021, at 5:00 p.m., and remained posted for 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of the meeting.
Deborah M. Bustamente
02 08 21 City Council signed Minutes